June 19, 2008
Nothing quite like waking up with a fever and diarrhea in an area with plenty of tropical diseases to chose from. I contacted Lena who has lived here a while who gave me the phone number of Kelly, a Physician’s Assistant that we know. I sent a text message describing my symptoms and asked how concerned I should be. I got a response in the wrong language, which, being interpreted, said to go see a doctor. Then Lena told me that Kelly was trying to call me. I tried calling her but couldn’t get through either. Finally, she got through and it turned out I had the wrong number. So I don’t know who I had told my troubles to. After some discussion, Kelly said to take the Cipro I had brought with me and see how things went until the next morning. Today, I’m much better!! I’m suspecting food poisoning from food left out too long.
I have to be better because tomorrow I plan to go to the local island and enjoy the beautiful beach, relax, and go snorkeling and diving (my birthday present to myself). There are six of us from five different countries.
I would like to rest all day today, but our gracillaria (seaweed) is supposed to arrive at 4 pm, so I need to head to the ponds this afternoon. We also expect the seabass to arrive next week. I need to be sure the hapas (net cages) are finished before the fish arrive!
1 comment:
J sorry about the 'bug' but glad you had the meds. hope your birthday is fun and relaxing. snorkeling sounds refreshing...miss ya...take care. S
Post a Comment