June 23, 2008
I did survive the food poisoning episode, although I think I lost a couple pounds to it. The bowl of potatoes, tempeh, tofu, and yellow sauce that I suspected was the cause, also had coconut milk in it, which I’m told can go bad faster than most other things.
Our trip to the island was good. I separated out my heavier items into a separate bag, so my friends could help me by carrying some of my stuff. My housemate who barely swims tried snorkeling, and loved it. We could barely keep her out of the water after that.
I went diving twice, the second day I had to chose between an easier dive and a ‘more spectacular’ but potentially strenuous dive (due to the possibility of a strong current). I debated between being responsible with my health and doing the easier one, and not missing an opportunity I might not have again to do the more interesting dive. After changing my mind several times (I hate decisions), I ended up opting for the ‘more spectacular.’ It ended up not being strenuous at all and was quite interesting. There were a lot of huge fan corals (4 feet across), fish of every color, shape & size, a school of barracuda, puffer fish, etc. There are so many types of colorful fish, but then there are also black and white fish. It is amazing the diversity of types of fish and coral that the Lord designed.
1 comment:
Wow, I am jealous! I've always wanted to try snorkeling but never had the opportunity. At my one chance in the Carribean a hurricane came along and messed up my plans, the nerve of it. So one day...
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Post a Comment